Helping You To Improve Your Life
A functional approach using meaningful purposeful activities and intervention focused on encouraging clients to practice skills in their own environments.
Occupational Therapy in Huntsville-Lake of Bays
Why choose Joseph Pest Occupational Therapy Services?
Our Occupational Therapist has been providing Occupational Therapy to people in the community since 1989. Joseph Pest has a passion and commitment to helping people improve their quality of life. He has experience working with people who have sustained:
Traumatic brain injury (TBI), Acquired brain injury (ABI), and Concussion
Neurologic impairment secondary to stroke, and degenerative neurological conditions
Orthopaedic injuries, musculoskeletal conditions
Spinal cord injury
Chronic pain ( You can learn more about chronic pain here)
Significant experience working with people who have complex rehabilitation issues: Complicating factors due to numerous pre-existing injuries or medical conditions, substance abuse issues, psychosocial or psychiatric conditions, and dual diagnosis.
We offer an individualized evaluation that includes the person’s function at home, work, school and in their community, and address the physical, cognitive, psychological and environmental aspects of their life. Customized treatment programs are set up to improve the client’s ability to perform daily activities and to reach their goals and maximize their potential.
Living Life To Its Fullest
Key elements of treatment are hope and a positive attitude through use of those activities that have meaning and purpose to the client. Evidence shows that hope and a positive attitude lead to increased motivation and participation in treatment.
Occupational Therapy is an evidence-based, science-driven profession. We apply the most up-to-date research to service delivery.
“We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
What does Joseph Pest Occupational Therapy Services offer?
- In Home Assessment: Assessment of Activities of Daily Living (ADL), Assessment of Attendant Care Needs (Form 1), Kitchen/Meal Preparation Assessments, and Home Environmental Accessibility and Safety Risk Assessments
- Graduated Return to Activities of Daily Living programs
- Prescription of assistive devices and equipment, and education in strategies to facilitate increased independence with activities of daily living
- Cognitive/Perceptual Assessments and Screening
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy
- Education/training in compensatory strategies, and behaviour management
- Functional goal setting with establishment of mutually defined goals
- Stress management and relaxation techniques
- Mobility/Seating Assessments and prescription of mobility devices (walkers, wheelchairs, scooters) and assessments for eligibility through the Assistive Devices Program of Ontario (ADP)
- Job Site Analysis, Physical Demands Analysis, Ergonomic Assessments, and Return to Work programs
- Community reintegration
- Communication with family members, other health care professionals and social service agencies (a team approach)
We accept referrals from private individuals and their families, health care professionals, insurance companies, lawyers, case managers, rehabilitation companies, social service agencies, and community partners.
Book an Appointment with Our Therapist
Some of the areas we service include:
- Huntsville-Lake of Bays
- Parry Sound and area
- Haliburton, Minden and Algonquin Highlands
- Highway 11 corridor from Orillia to the South, up to and including North Bay
- Georgian Bay-Simcoe County areas including Collingwood and Wasaga Beach
We provide Occupational Therapy to people where they live
Give Us a Call Today
Contact Joseph Pest Occupational Therapy Services and we will start working together on your journey of rehabilitation. Inquire about our in-home functional assessments and other services we provide.